Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Faithful Fixation



I want to have the kind of the relationship with God that an addict has with their drug.
Not the recreational drug addict either. I am talking about the kind of addict who's body shows tell tale signs of a divisive drug. I want to be the kind of God addict who's life has become so dependent on my need for a fix that I will die because of it. The kind of addict who will die because I can not live without Him. I want to be so addicted to God I will do crazy things to get to Him. I want to know what it's like to black out with Christ. I want to be so drowned out in my addiction that my hurts are washed away.
That's really what I want most. To be so close to a Savior that my hurts, scars, tears, nightmares.... all of it are washed away in His presence.
I don't just want to be washed away, I want to be healed. I want to be stronger.
I want more.


No comments:

Post a Comment